What is green mold?

Living a mold-free life is possible. But first of all, you have to know the enemy. Today, let’s learn more about green mold!


Actually, there are many different types of green mold and the kinds classified as green mold are called Aspergillus, Cladosporium, and Penicillium.


Can you get sick from green mold? Yes. Is it toxic? Yes too. When the mold proliferates and reaches maturity, it will start producing reproductive spores that will be released into the open air.


You will know when it reaches this stage because of the color and the smell of the mold. Once in contact with your lungs or mucous membranes, your immune system will react and you’re likely to experience what looks like an allergic reaction: coughing, sneezing, watery eyes…In some cases, diarrhea and vomiting can occur if the mold is very toxic. Your body will react in a desperate manner and it will cause an imbalance in your body’s functions.


Keep in mind that the brain and spinal cord can be affected for life by spore infiltration. Confusion, muscle weakness, paralysis, moodiness are all possible symptoms.


Mold thrives in the same environments than humans: warm, damp, and dark. Indeed, stagnancy of the air, lack of airflow, artificial light, and heating are common problems in most houses. The first step to getting rid of mold is thus to open the windows and curtains to get some fresh air.


Don’t keep the temperature too high and buy a dehumidifier. Shampooing your carpets is a good thing to do too. If you need professional help from an expert mold removal service, call 937-500-0102.